Former Tangerine Dream member and recording artist Peter Baumann returns with an album after many, many decades: "Machines of Desire is filled with many influences, not least of them, my time with Tangerine Dream. Recording this album has been a very rich experience that fulfilled my creative desires, with more to come. I’m delighted that German record label Bureau B will release the recording in May/June of this year."
Founded by Florian Fricke, Popol Vuh represents one of the earliest examples of spirituality in music that would later define "new age" music in the 80s. This however, is the real thing. Fricke also composed soundtracks for Werner Herzog's films.
Guitarist, sound architecht and composer, Michael Rother is one of Germany's original artists of the progressive era. In the mid 1960s, he was a member of Spirits of Sound with Wolfgangs' Flür and Reichemann, then a member of Kraftwerk, Neu!, and Harmonia until forging a very successful solo career (with Jaki Liebizeit and Conny Plank) towards the late 1970s through the early 1980s.
Essential: 33 Progressive Rock Albums
1. The Nice – The Thoughts Of Emerlist DavJack (Immediate 1967)
2. Soft Machine – Volume Two (Probe 1969)
3. Colosseum – Those Who Are About To Die Salute You (Vertigo 1969)
4. Jethro Tull – Stand Up (Reprise 1969)
5. King Crimson – In The Court Of The Crimson King (An Observation By King Crimson) (EG 1969)
6. The Pretty Things – Parachute (Harvest 1970)
7. Caravan – In The Land of Grey And Pink (Deram 1971)
8. Atomic Rooster – In Hearing Of (Elektra 1971)
9. Van der Graaf Generator – Pawn Hearts (Charisma 1971)
Submitted by Charles Snider on Thu, 02/23/2017 - 23:34